Friday, October 1, 2010

Brickhouse Cafe's Wagyu Burger

I always pass by Brickhouse Cafe and Bar on my way to work that today, Drew and I decided to check it out for a quick lunch. It's a different atmosphere by many accounts--one would order food and drinks at the bar and find a table quickly if eating in.

What attracted me to the menu right away is that they had Wagyu burgers. I had to order that. Drew and I love Wagyu meat and while it's a bit pricey, if cooked properly, the meat literally just melts like butter in your mouth.

The Wagyu burgers here at Brickhouse Cafe and Bar were just okay. I actually could not tell they were Wagyu by tasting it, but sure enough, I paid Wagyu prices for it! The beef was slightly dense. I ordered medium well, because I was afraid the meat would be too pink. The burger was decent enough. They did not have American cheese, so I settled for Swiss. The fries were just the right amount.

The ambiance felt very homey, cozy, and I can see this place being packed in the evening hours for beer and ball. The service was good--we found seats right away and did not have to wait long for our food to arrive. The same folks behind the register brought us our food, found us with no problem.

Next time, I will order the "regular beef" burgers and maybe order them "rare." Overall, a good hangout. The weather was super nice, so that added to the nice feel of the place.

Got to go back to try some of their breakfast items!

No comments: