Monday, September 6, 2010

The Secret to Barbecued Ribs

Only recently did I realize that the secret to perfectly cooked ribs is to slow cook on low for a loooonnnngg time! My mom did it and I had to try it for myself, since I "heart" pork ribs.

Today, being a holiday, I put a rack of baby back ribs, seasoned generously with salt and pepper in a foil wrapped pan in the oven for 6 hours on 300 degrees. Mid-way, I brushed the ribs with store-bought barbecue sauce. I turned and basted every hour and the result? Tender, juicy, moist, scrumptuous ribs! Even was great-tasting after letting it sit on the counter the rest of the afternoon and microwaved in the evening for dinner! The wait was well-worth it! Besides, the prep was minimal and no sense rushing into this one! Enjoy!

P.S.: I don't have the picture to show you because the ribs were gone in a flash! I enjoy this porky chef clipart, though. Hope you do, too.

No comments: