Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Chocolate Cake Goodness - in a Cup!

Day two of this chocolate cupcake in my lunch bag today. It's all courtesy of a trip to Valerio's Bakery by my big sis, Binky two days ago. Valerio's actually calls themselves a "tropical" bakeshop. Not quite sure why it's "tropical" but maybe because they sell baked goodies from the homeland? In any case, I have never been to the store recently (last, some 17 years ago) and my sister frequents the place a lot and always comes home with a bag full of goodies. They have two locations here in Daly City--one at St. Francis Place by Southgate Avenue and the other on King Plaza drive by Skyline Blvd.

First time I tried this cupcake yesterday and I was in chocolate heaven. Mind you, I have never really been into sweets before having my baby (excuses, excuses) except for ice cream (I heart ice cream), but this cupcake, well, takes the cake! It's soft, moist, and just the right size. I ate the one yesterday in less than two minutes. Today's--I'm saving for after I publish this entry. My sis also tells me that this cake is also sold loaf-style, but you'd have to slice up your own servings--too much of a hassle, if you ask me.

In an attempt to have more of these "bad cakes," I jokingly told my family members that it was awful, bland, crumbly, and a waste of time. Of course, I had my fingers crossed during all those things.

I can't classify this chocolate cupcake as "tropical" and maybe that's the secret--in this tropical bakeshop, their chocolate cupcake is divine!

No comments: