Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Crunchy, Sweet, Goodness... SNICKERDOODLES - cookie recipe

Christmas is in two days! Today is the second day in a row I suffered a "sugar crash" mid-morning. My co-worker, Lynda, has brought in snickerdoodles to work since last week. I tried one and now I'm addicted. Lynda brought more in yesterday; I must have had 6 cookies! These sumptuous cookies are loaded with sugar! They're perfect with hot coffee on cold mornings. In the meantime, my sister also baked up a batch of sugar cookies, so I have been eating those, too! No wonder for the sugar crash!

Here's Lynda's snickerdoodles recipe:

1/2 c butter

1/2 c shortening

1 1/2 c sugar

2 eggs

2 3/4 c flour

2 tsp cream of tartar

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

Cream together butter, shortening, sugar, and eggs. Blend in dry ingredients. Shape into balls and roll in 2 tbsp sugar & 2 tsp cinammon (you might need a bit more, though, to cover all cookies). Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet (or parchment paper). Bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Enjoy & don't crash! LOL!!

No comments: