Thursday, January 13, 2011

Rosemary Chicken

This recipe is so easy to make, it's a good choice for a quick evening meal when you don't have much time to prepare and wait for dinner to cook. Using chicken thighs for this recipe renders tender pieces and leaving the skin on also helps in the moist factor. The skin crisps up really well and is very flavorful. Needless to say, I have not tried this recipe any other way. I'm sure for the health-conscious, one can use skinless chicken breasts as an alternative.

Needed:
6 pack chicken thighs, washed and drained, small slits on the meat
2 T olive oil
3 T rosemary
1 pc lemon, sliced thinly
salt and pepper to taste

1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Place chicken on a wire rack and then into a baking dish. Squeeze some of the lemon juice on the chicken, then drizzle with the olive oil. Do not use too much oil as the chicken will also render its own grease.

3. Season with salt and pepper. Place rosemary on the chicken pieces. Then, place lemon slices on the chicken.

4. Bake at 400 degrees until chicken browns (about 30 minutes). When chicken browns up, lower the temperature to 350 degrees. Leave in the oven for about 15 more minutes (depending on your preference on done-ness).

5. Let chicken rest before serving to re-distribute juices.

6. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes, rice, corn, or any sides. Your possibilities are endless!

I love making this dish. I especially love posting it here because I got a great picture with my camera and that bokeh is just to die for... I've been trying to get background blur like this for a long time with my camera, and now I know how to do it! I'm just ecstatic.

Oh, and enjoy your chicken!

No comments: