Monday, August 2, 2010

Shrimp with Lobster Sauce


Would you believe this has no lobster in it whatsoever?
This is my to-go lunch, consumed at my cube at work. I absolutely love Shrimp with Lobster Sauce and early this morning, having known that I did not have any packed lunch, I knew that I had to have my indulgence.
The first time I had this was at a Chinese restaurant close to work at another location. It was delicious. Now that our office moved to a different site, I am blessed with another close location for these darn things. Today's treat, I got from New Ming's Restaurant on Mission and 2nd Streets here in San Francisco.

The sauce was overflowing over my rice. Packed soy sauce was poured all over my rice for extra saltiness. I ended up eating all of the rice, oh about two white rice at that! The shrimp--I saved for last.
I don't know if I can make this as good as New Ming's. I can try. I looked up recipes as I devoured my plate--believe me, it was a challenge! LOL! That's when I found out, the recipe's fairly simple--and no trace of lobster at all! Wonder how it got it's name...

No comments: